ALL THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Marathon Kids is a programme in the UK from Kids Run Free who is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our website www.marathonkids.co.uk (“Site”).
- what information we may collect about you;
- how we use the information we collect about you;
- whether we will share your details with anyone else;
- your choices and how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information;
- the procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy; and
Information about us
Kids Run Free (“we”, “our”, “us”), the charity that runs the Marathon Kids programme in the UK, is the data controller which means we are responsible for protecting your personal information. We are registered in England and Wales under Charity number 1146636. Our registered office is at Kensall Cottages, Oversley Green, Alcester B49 6PH
If you have any requests or questions about how we use your personal information please Contact us.
When you interact with us, we may ask for a variety of different information. On occasion we may supplement the information we collect about you with outside records from third parties in order to provide you with information, services or goods you have requested, and to enhance our ability to serve you.
In addition to any personal information or other information that you choose to submit to us, we and our third party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain information whenever you interact. Usage Information may include the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to the app, and the time of day you interacted with us, among other information.
Usage Information may also include the IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device (any of which are referred to herein as a “Device”) used to access the app. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device, and our servers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access the app.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
In addition, we may use information collected, including your personal information and usage Information, to:
- Enable and allow you to participate in features and services we offer or to provide related customer service, including, without limitation, to respond to your questions, complaints, or comments;
- Operate, evaluate or improve the app and our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analyzing our products, services, and any digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our digital assets; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- Anonymise personal information and prepare and furnish aggregated data reports showing anonymised information (including, but not limited to, the following: compilations, analyses, analytical and predictive models and rules, and other aggregated reports) for our business purposes;
- Contact you with regard to our services, or your use of the app, and, in our discretion, changes to the app policies or functionality;
- Protect against, address and prevent fraud, unauthorized activities, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and enforce legal and contract obligations;
- As may be required by applicable laws and regulations or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over us or an affiliate; and comply with industry standards and our policies.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personal information and usage data as follows:
- We may share information with third party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, those that offer, host or operate our operation. These third parties will have all signed a non-disclosure agreement.
- We may share information to comply with UK law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as emergency services and/or law enforcement agency.
- We may share information to enforce our agreement with you.
- We may share information to analyse and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received, read and your location).
- We may share information in relation to the sale, assignment, transfer or acquisition of all or substantially all of Kids Run Free/Marathon Kids assets or shares by a third party.
- We may share information with other third parties with your consent, only ever to support the programme and the charity.
- We may share usage information and other aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research and other purposes.
We offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain offerings or web site features. Your choices include the following:
- You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by unsubscribing via a link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish with Kids Run Free/Marathon Kids It may take up to two business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
- Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The Kids Run Free website has security measures in place designed to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under our control. We use encryption to help protect the transmission of personal information from you to us.
Any online credit card transactions are processed through a PCI compliant merchant service. We do not store your credit card information in-house at any time. You are welcome to visit our site without providing any personal information.
Despite all efforts, no data security measures can guarantee to be 100% secure. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your user ID and password private. Kids Run Free and our associated partners cannot be held responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorised password activity.
(i) Making our website work; these Cookies are essential so that you can move around the site and login to the secure areas.
(ii) Monitoring and improving performance; these Cookies collect information about how visitors use the Kids Run Free website, e.g. which pages they visit most often and whether they see error messages. The level of information does not identify individuals, and we use it only to help us improve the way the website works.
(iii) Features of the website:
These Cookies allow our website to remember choices you have made, such as your user name or the region you are in, and help us provide you with a better, more personal experience.
These Cookies assist us in marketing and promotion of Kids Run Free and our activities. This information may then be shared with other corporate partners.
PRIVACY ON SHARED COMPUTERES
If you login to kidsrunfree.co.uk from a shared computer, such as on a workplace machine, the browser by default may store personal/sensitive information. It is wholly your responsibility to ensure such data is deleted upon ending your session. You can achieve this by clearing the cookies stored by the web browser.
We may not respond to web browser “do not track” signals. If you would like additional information about online tracking and various opt-out mechanisms, please see https://allaboutdnt.com/
Third party services
We may from time to time make available through our Site certain services provided by third parties. To gain access to these services, you must register with these third parties and deal with them direct. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Please note that not all tracking may stop even if you delete cookies.
ABILITY TO MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION
As a registered user, you may modify registration information by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in archives for a period of time. You may request to delete any personal information we possess by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Safeguarding Officer – Christopher McShane
Contact our Lead Safeguarding Officer to report a potential safeguarding issue or find out more information on Kids Run Free Safeguarding policies.
- Email: email@example.com
- Office number: 07590 837166
- Mobile: 07727 723443
Safeguarding Officer – Samantha Young
You can also contact our Safeguarding Officer for general questions or advice on Safeguarding policies, documents, and processes.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Tel: 07711 349592
If you need urgent support and you cannot reach a designated Safeguarding Officer, please call the NSPCC 24-hour helpline on 0808 800 5000. If it is an emergency and a child or children are at immediate risk, please call the emergency services or Children’s Social Care in your area.