BE A PART OF IT_
GENERAL EVENT VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION – MARATHON KIDS UK PARK EVENTS
As a Marathon Kids UK volunteer, you will form part of a team of community superheroes. You will attend park events in your local community and assist the Race Director in providing a fun, safe, and inspiring session for children.
The role requires you to motivate families to become physically active by leading them in activities such as warm-up games, relay races, and an endurance lap challenge and only requires one hour per week of volunteering.
You will report to your event’s Race Director and attend a one-hour online training webinar. To assist you on the day, you will be provided with free first aid training and safeguarding certification.
- Help and support Race Director at weekly community events
- Motivate and encourage all participants
- Work closely with other volunteers in the team
- Support Race Director to advertise weekly events to the community
- Be involved in community WhatsApp group
- Be proactive on community Facebook group page
- Complete first aid training and safeguarding certification
- Complete charity & event specific training
- Uphold the aims and values of Marathon Kids UK and adhere to their codes of conduct at all times
Simply complete our registration form and we get back to you. Let’s get the journey started.